Friday, November 20, 2009

Its been too long since something like this happened to me...

Wanna hear a funny story? Thought so.
Yesterday, I was walking from french to biology. By myself. It was right when classes were changing, so there were a lot of people in the area. I was walking in front of Springs on the sidewalk when all of the sudden I hit the pavement. Tripped. Took a tumble. Wiped out. Became friends with the concrete. I blame a few things: 1. Danskos... those things are bad news. 2. My unusually heavy book bag. It didn't help as I desperately tried to not fall all the way down. 3. I was really tired so there is a chance I was falling asleep as I was walking.
Have you ever been in that awkward situation where someone you don't know falls, drops something, etc. and you don't really know how to respond? Yeah, there was a girl walking right behind me who is now a member of that club. Poor girl.
So back to me. I just kind of laid there for a minute. I didn't know how to respond because clearly a lot of people saw me, so I couldn't really play it off like nothing had happened. Luckily Kate and Emily walked up so I went into Springs with them to get away from the scene of the accident. I went into the bathroom to realize my pants were covered in dirt and my hands were bleeding, along with my knee. So I mean, I had 2 more classes to get to so I couldn't go to my room to get cleaned up. Therefore, I sat through those 2 classes with dirty pants, bleeding. I went to my room and changed my pants after class. I thought about changing my shirt too in case people remembered me because of the outfit.
The aftermath: my phone has a really big scratch with concrete stuck in it, my hands have a lot of scabs... making it somewhat painful to write, and my knee is swollen.
So there you go. Pretty hilarious, and awkward. All in one. How special.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment