Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm HOMEEEEE!!!!

Well, I've been home since Friday!! SO exciting! So I got home and Christmas was in full swing at the Derrick house! Our tree was up, which I guess it was right after Thanksgiving, all our decorations were out, and even my little tree in my room was up! I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME!!!
So here's some fun Christmas "traditions" at the Derrick house....
- Anna used to write the Christmas letter when we were younger. I got to "illustrate." That was my mom's way of telling me that I wasn't talented enough to write the letter. Eventually, I got to the age where I realized this, s0 I moved onto another project. Now, I write my own Christmas letter. It has some pretty substantial information if you ask me. Big events such as Anna's freshman 15 are announced in the letter every year. However, I'm not allowed to send this letter out to very many people. I don't really know why.
- The Christmas card picture is always a fun decision. Again, I am not allowed to have much to do with the choosing of the picture. This can probably be traced back to the time I took it upon myself to take the picture we were going to use and photoshoped it so that my hair was really really blonde and Anna had very dark skin. I switched Anna's skin color back to normal, but I kept my hair very blonde. Some of you may remember and/or still have this card. I'd hang on to it!! This year, the picture was decided and printed without my knowledge.
- Every year we go up to my grandparents' house on Christmas Day. While we're there waiting for everything to get started, Anna and Beth Ann, my cousin, play duets on the piano. I'm going to be honest. Its not like they're very good. But, I've always been told that I'm not allowed to play with them. So, once again, to be included in the spirit of Christmas, I had to take it upon myself to pull out some maraccas from my grandparents' toy closet. Anna and Beth Ann get mad at me every year, but that anger could easily go away if they would give me some of those keys.

It just wouldn't be Christmas without all this! Love it!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!!
Lots of Love!

2 comments:

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I'm going to start a blog solely for the purpose of chronicling every pound you gain this year...

    ReplyDelete