Sunday, December 27, 2009

I got a camera for Christmas!!

Great news!!! I can now share my life with everyone through pictures thanks to Santa Claus!! He was very in tune with my needs this year! So let's not waste time and jump right into my Christmas!
This is just a special picture of Anna and myself on Christmas. No, you will not see pictures of Christmas morning because this girl looks ridiculous in the wee hours of the morning. We don't share those candids with anyone.

So back to the maraca saga. We had a fantastic Christmas morning and breakfast at our house before getting ready and heading up to Lila and Grandaddy's house for the day! Beth Ann had to work until 3:00, so we had some down time before we ate. Down time to me presents a premo time to whip out some carols on the ivories. And what do you know?! The piano was open!! So I played the fam some songs. I had my mom take a picture to document that I, in fact, had a turn this year.... And yes. Anna is on the maracas. My, how the tables have turned.

Well, then Anna decided to dampen the spirit of Christmas by stealing and hiding my maracas!!! What the heck?! I moped through our late lunch/ early supper... lupper if you will... I tried to recruit family members to help me track down my percussion. Well no one would talk. Luckily, I remembered that for some reason, Lila had 3 maracas! I only have 2 hands therefore had only taken 2 maracas out of the closet! I went back to the closet and got out the third maraca!! HA! Anna can't dampen my Christmas spirit that easily!
Therefore, the following still took place, as it does every year (although with one less maraca)...



Aside from what I'm sure appears to be a very musical and slightly annoying Christmas, we had a great day!! It's probably one of if not my favorite day of the year!!


So onto another fun activity! We were given a Rice Krispy Holiday House kit from the Shumperts for Christmas!! So tonight, Jocelyn and Emily were over here and we decided to make it!!

Here's Jocelyn with the ingredients to fun!

Anna was clearly VERY excited about what was happening!!


And Emily read us the instructions!

So here are the finished products!! One is mine and one is Anna's. Care to guess which is which??
Yes, the one on the left is Anna's and the one on the right is mine. Let me just share with you what all is going on with mine... the "blob" in the top right is a snowman handmade by myself. My house just has a lot of character, I think!

Ok, that's all for now! Hope everyone has a great remainder of the 12 days of Christmas! What are we on now? ONLY THE THIRD!??! Still a lot of celebrating left to go!!
Happy Holidays!!
Peace and Love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment