Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekends are getting less and less awkward!!

I decided to google "Sarah Derrick freshman blog" to see what would come up and I'm the first result to come up!! How exciting!  I didn't even have to pay any money for that premo spot!  
Anyway, some highlights from my weekend... 
I just had to write an email to a professor who prefers we call him by his first name.  I don't at all feel ok with the situation, so I have always avoided it.  But we have a paper due tomorrow, and while I am well aware that it is somewhat late to be asking questions, I just had to ask him about the assignment.  I thought about using some other address, but I had to call him by his first name in the email.  I'm still feeling awkward about that. 
So in other news, this weekend was the Dukes of Hazard party.  It was very festive!!  Thursday, Callie and myself hit up Hospice (the thrift store) for some clothes for the occasion.  Of course we came across some treasures!  I think the best part of the experience was when we walked into the store and there was a lady standing at the register with a megaphone turning in circles making an announcement that all clothes were 50% off... excluding camo.  Typical Clinton.  Bummer on the camo, but I got 4 shirts for $3.80!! Such a sweet deal!!  So then we ventured into Laurens to find me some shorts.  We found some at Belk (which is free standing... weird) that were already bedazzeled!  Amazing!!  
So Friday came, and Callie, Rachel and I headed to Greenville for dinner which was delicious!  We then went to Spill the Beans which was AMAZING!!  So we came back to Clinton... the town and the dorm and stayed in to watch 13 going on 30.  We both fell asleep pretty early into the movie and woke up to a turned off TV.  Neither one of us turned it off.... weird.  Is 402 haunted?  Dear goodness I hope not!!
So here's some excitement!!  We woke up Saturday morning to find that ALL 3 WASHERS AND DRYERS WERE OPEN!!!!  What are the chances?!?!  I'll just tell you... they are slim!  So we took advantage of the situation and did some laundry.  After that exciting morning we went to Furman for the first PC game!  We only stayed until halftime though because it was so so hot!!  We got back and prepared for Dukes of Hazard.  I had such an array of choices of things to wear... compliments of Hospice, all of them so very classy!  We hit up the party and had so so much fun!!  
So this morning I had every intention of going Lutheran, but I woke up too late.  So I have stayed in most of what I slept in last night all day.  Kind of nasty.  But I have one and a half papers written and have done some biology reading.  So I would say it has been a very productive day!  
Another week starts tomorrow.  BUT I get to go home for the night on Tuesday!!  Words can't describe to you how excited I am about 3 things: 
Having a real meal
Sleeping in a comfortable bed
and TAKING A REAL SHOWER!!!  Soooo exciting!!

Just to let you know... the 4 flights have caught up with me.  I was napping the other day (which has kind of become a routine)  and apparently I woke up half way through my nap screaming due to calf cramps.  I am also having soreness in my outer thighs.  Love the lack of elevator here in Clinton.  
Also, it has been Sound of Music weekend on abc Family.  This has reminded me of my love for the song "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?"  I am more than willing to sing this at anyone's wedding, with a name change of course.  Just let me know!  

1 comment:

  1. oh my...Sarah! How glad I am that you have joined blog world. You are quite the writer. While I read, I can just hear you saying it all in your crazy little voice! :) I am enjoying re-living college life through you, so keep it up, k?

    ReplyDelete